Saturday 6 October 2012

Good news and good news

I've had a brilliant day. First of all, Himself and I spent the day cycling from our home on Anglesey all the way around Snowdon and home again, a loop of over sixty miles taking in Beddgelert and Llanberis. We're immensely proud of ourselves and have been competing all evening with tales of the mightiness of our quads and how it didn't really take much out of us at all (belied by creaking and wincing getting into and out of the post-ride bath). Here's Bike having a rest halfway up from the Nantgwynant valley bottom.

Second, while we were tucking into Pete's Eats' peerless carrot cake in Llanberis, I picked up an email from Gail at 5minutefiction to say that my flash story Alley Cat had been published on the website today and sending me the Amazon gift certificate of £10 in payment. And third, I got home to find a story I'd submitted to the People's Friend sitting on the mat, rejected. Hang on, I hear you cry. A rejection? I thought this was a good day. Well, it is. That was the first story I have ever submitted to a woman's magazine, ever. It's not the end of the world that it wasn't accepted.  I submit things and get rejected like a proper writer; I've grown up at last.

Right, I'm off to spend that certificate on the new Marian Keyes novel!







No comments:

Post a Comment